A meet and greet with Luke Evans; a private harp lesson with Catrin Finch; tickets to festivals and musical performances; plus signed merchandise from Stereophonics, Cate Le Bon, Sir Karl Jenkins, and even Shirley Bassey’s shoes!
Would you like to have a virtual meet up with actor and singer Luke Evans? Would you like a private harp lesson by one of the world’s finest harpists, Catrin Finch? Or tickets to some of the sold out gigs here in Wales in 2024?
Anthem. Cronfa Gerdd Cymru Music Fund Wales has organised an online Battle of the Bids auction where bidders have the chance to win some of these exclusive experiences donated by musicians, organisations, and businesses from across Wales.
Battle of the Bids is an online auction where anyone can bid for one of the many prizes up for grabs. The fundraiser has been set-up by Anthem. Cronfa Gerdd Cymru Music Fund Wales to help raise money to support and empower the next generation of music talent in Wales.
Battle of the Bids is now live and runs until 30 November at 9pm. Some of the top exclusive prizes that people can bid on include:
● 30 minute online meet and greet with Luke Evans for you and a guest and a signed copy of his latest album with a personal message of your choosing
● Signed Sir Karl Jenkins Adiemus vocal score
● Private 1 hour harp lesson with Catrin Finch at her home.
● Two festival passes to Westival 2024 (Pembrokeshire)
● Signed pair of Shirley Bassey’s shoes
● 2 tickets to the sold out Bring Me the Horizon gig at Utilita Arena
● Tour for 2 people at the famous Rockfield Studios
● Two tickets to FOCUS Wales 2024
● Two tickets to Trawsnewyd: Transform 2024
● Funeral for a Friend exclusive signed merchandise bundle
● Limited Edition Signed music print of the Manic Street Preachers at Hillsborough Justice Concert 1997 by Mark McNulty
● Signed vinyl from Minas (Welsh Music Prize nominee)
● Signed Stereophonics vinyl and signed cd and art postcard from Far From Saints.
● Signed merchandise from Cate Le Bon
● Puzzled Escape Room experience for 6 people (Taffs Well)
Actor and singer, Luke Evans said, “I am very proud of my country and thrilled to have been given the chance to play a role in nurturing the next generation of Welsh talent through our shared love of music by donating to Anthem’s Battle of the Bids.”
Anthem Ambassador Catrin Finch also said, “Music is so important to us all, but especially young people. Whatever our background it has the power to connect us through creativity, emotion and learning. Music should never be something that somebody cannot afford, and so the work that Anthem does is vital to ensure that every young person here in Wales has access to music and musical education, and that everyone is given a chance to flourish.”
Anthem’s vision is a Wales in which music can empower every young life. The charity is a catalyst for youth music in Wales, putting young people and their music at the heart of Wales and connecting everyone who is passionate about music so that we can make change together. Anthem is listening to what young people need, building a programme of strategic projects and funding programmes that can best support them on their journey through music.
Chief Executive, Rhian Hutchings said, “Wales is a hotbed of musical talent. We need to create and support more opportunities so that every young person has the chance to explore what music can do for them. Everyone understands how important music is for young people, especially in terms of wellbeing, a sense of identity and self-confidence. By bidding on the incredible prizes on offer, you can help Anthem to reduce inequality of access to music and strengthen the infrastructure for music provision across Wales. A huge shout out to the Welsh music community who have given so generously to make this auction possible, and to offer you the chance to grab an ideal Christmas present for someone!”
The Battle of the Bids takes place on the website link:
A full list of prizes is listed on the auction website along with minimum bids for each item. The Battle of the Bids will close on 30 November 2023, 9pm. The lucky bidders will be notified by email if they have been successful in winning their experiences or memorabilia.