As the evenings grow darker and the chilly nights approach, Cardiff Bay’s outdoor food court, TigerYard, will be transformed into a winter wonderland called the Winter Wunder-Yard.
The popular shipping container-based venue which opened earlier this year has been made winter-weather-ready – with the addition of cosy patio heaters and extra cover from the elements.
But it’s the addition of 10 lanes of ‘dry ice curling’ that will really ramp up the festive feels – all of which will be under cover and available for hourly bookings.
Traders gearing up for a season at the Winter Wunder-Yard include Dirty Bird, Fire & Flank, Terry’s Taco’s, and Meating Point, all of whom have announced the seasonal specials which will be coming to the yard in the next few weeks:
Fire & Flank
· Sage and onion stuffing seasoned fries with cranberry sauce
· Pigs in blankets with cranberry sauce
· Marinated pork belly served with two sauces, chips and salad
· Marinated pork belly and Greek village sausage served with salad, chips, pitta bread and two sauces
· Succulent turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce taco
· Slow roast beef, horseradish and braised red cabbage in a Yorkshire pudding taco
· Buttermilk fried chicken lashed with grated cheddar & gravy – dusted with a bacon crumb and cranberry sauce
Two new guest traders will also be on rotation every two weeks over the winter months. For November this includes Cracklin’ with their mouth-watering festive foot long; a brioche roll stuffed with confit cranberries and red cabbage, sage and onion mayo, melting brie, crispy shredded sprouts and a giant pig in a blanket; and Million Dollar Gravy with their scrumptious rosemary braised beef with wholegrain crème fraiche, roasted potatoes and homemade gravy.
Tiger Yard co-founder Peter Cro said “We’re really excited for our first festive season at the yard and can’t wait to get our curling lanes open! Stay tuned for announcements about wreath-making classes and some special Christmas markets in December, too.”
The Winter Wunder-Yard will be open during the following hours from Friday 3rd November:
Friday 17:00 – 23:00
Saturday 12:00 – 23:00
Sunday 12:00 – 18:00
For more information and bookings, please visit https://tiger-yard.com.